The 7th edition of the Shetland Wool Week Annual; the publication that is produced to accompany the event that takes place in Shetland each year to promote and celebrate Shetland sheep, its wool and all things related. It is packed with exclusive patterns, fascinating essays, and stunning photography taken on location at Shetland’s magnificent Sumburgh Head Lighthouse.
- SWW 2021 Patron Wilma Malcolmson’s ‘Da Crofter’s Kep’
- Elizabeth Johnston’s ‘Fairag Cardigan’
- Amy Gair’s ‘Ӧyger Scarf’
- Andrea Williamson’s ‘Harbour Cowl’
- Alison Rendall’s ‘Da Meids Mitts’
- Nicole Coutts’ ‘Sea Swell Snood’
- Anne Eunson’s ‘Fethaland Shawl’
- Gudrun Johnston’s ‘Lizzie Pinafore’ (children’s item)
- Janette Budge’s ‘Sumburgh Light Hat’
- Terri Leask’s ‘Winter Bonfire Gloves’
- Ella Gordon’s ‘Roosty Tank Top’
- Wilma Malcolmson’s ‘Gotland Lace Yoke’
Essays: Insightful articles on Shetland Sheep; Shetland’s era of machine knitting; knitting in a time of Covid, and a look at the inspiration behind Gudrun Johnston’s third volume of The Shetland Trader: Heritage. We also feature a beautiful poem in English and Shetland dialect by Roseanne Watt, this year’s Wool Week model.
Printed and bound in the UK.